Friday, July 1, 2011

Open Up Your Vision


It is amazing how when you change your vision you change your world.
A family member of mine is going through a serious health challenge.
Although I am standing in Faith for healing, I felt myself carrying the burden in silence.
I have previously dealt with issues by holding them in my heart, not willing to share my burdens.
Did I feel I would be bothering people?
Did I feel that if I was strong enough I would not need to ask for help?
Did I believe that people wouldn't care?
Whether it was one or all of these reasons, I kept my issues to myself, while the burden grew silently within me.
Yesterday, the Spirit within me said, "Reach out and ask for prayer on Facebook."
At first I thought, no, I don't want to do that.  Although I am on Facebook, I had not been a regular on using this social media.  What if I wrote my request and no one responded? Besides, this was my problem.
The Spirit continued to nudge me.
"Do it now."
I said, "Maybe later."
"No, now."
I stopped what I was doing and thought about it.
I realized my vision of my world was awfully small, as if the only one who cared about my world was me.
Was I closing my eyes and not seeing the true Love and Blessing that people carry within their hearts?
Was I not giving credit to their Caring Spirits?
What if my world was actually bigger than I thought?
What if I opened my heart and my mind and allowed people to show me how beautiful they can be?
I sat down and posted my request for prayer, and sent it out into the world.
And people responded.
People that I have not seen in decades, but had "friended" on Facebook, immediately responded with an overflowing abundance of good wishes and prayers.
All because I changed my vision.
When I opened up my Vision, I opened up my world.
How grateful I am to these Beloved friends!
And how grateful I am that the Spirit of God was there for me, guiding me to open my eyes and my heart.
I pray that everyday we open our eyes a little more to see the Sacred Blessings in our world,
that wait, ever ready to Bless us,
and give us Peace.
Much Love,
Carol B.

No comments:

Post a Comment