Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Live In Peace


I have to admit, I was stunned, as well as furious at the "not guilty" verdict for Casey Anthony.
I sat and watched in shock at the live coverage of the reading of the verdict.
After only a few hours of deliberation, the jury declared Casey Anthony "not guilty."
Were they out of their minds?
I almost could not contain my anger.
After a while I told myself that I could not continue to hold on to these feelings.
Even though I wished desperately that I could give each juror on that case a piece of my mind, the fact is it was done.  I was not and never was in control of the verdict or those jurors.
It was over.
I would have to let it go.
The best thing I could do was to try to get some meaningful lesson out of this.
Although I do have a few thoughts on the subject, for now I will say that, when I come to think about it, I have to realize that, although Caylee has been in the public's eye for over three years, in reality, she has long been gone from this earth for over three years.  She has actually been playing with the Angels and been in God's immediate care in Heaven for more years than she was ever here on this earth.
She is living in peace.
As for those of us here, if you have children, be grateful that you can still hug them, kiss them, and pray they have a happy and successful life.
If you have been hard on yourself, wondering if you were a "good enough" parent, you can take a moment to give yourself a pat on the back and know that yes, you were a lot better parent than you gave yourself credit for.
For little Caylee,
as well as the rest of us,
I wish us true Peace and Love.
Carol B.

No comments:

Post a Comment